Leadership Development Achieve inspired leadership excellence with solutions to fit your needs.
ACHIEVE INSPIRED LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE WITH SOLUTIONS TO FIT YOUR NEEDS
Manager, National Automobile Dealers Assn.
Accelerating Excellence Through Leadership, Management, and Supervisor Training
Everything we do produces a result so results matter. Organizations that lack great front-line leaders and managers always pay a price. But what is leadership? What are leadership characteristics and qualities of excellence in today’s world of unprecedented change? You’ll find out in our four-stage continuous Leadership Development program. Learn how to become a leader others are inspired to follow, based on combined research of 80,000 managers in over 400 companies. Learners will journey through the four stages of leadership excellence, applying the essential skills for leading in challenge and change.
Four Stages To Exceptional Leadership Results
Many people are now being asked to perform leadership functions while still managing others. We distinguish the difference between managing and leading, how each role is targeted for specific goals, and the four-stage process of driving results. Shifting perceptions of the skill required for effective leadership in the 21st century demand new and innovative training methods as well as programs that adequately prepare leaders for the roles they will play in supporting their organizations’ success. Out of all the literature and research on leadership, it boils down to four stages. When you follow the stages and their tasks, the probability of achieving your mission increases dramatically. We show you how to do it. These programs are appropriate for all levels, from employee performance training to executive business leadership.
Manager, Major Retail Chain
Leadership Process Review
Chart focuses on developing leaders who manage others–first level managers, middle managers, project managers,
and those preparing to become managers.
Professional competency and business acumen are essential for effective leadership, but relevant soft skills may be even more important attributes. Management’s ability to communicate effectively with their team has a direct impact on their organization’s bottom line. According to employee engagement expert David McLeod, engaged staff deliver 50% higher customer loyalty, 50% higher sales, and 27% higher profits. We help deliver on those numbers, and more.
Not every professional has the innate soft skills necessary to become a great leader. Many organizations tend to promote “big-billers” into management positions in order to retain top talent – unaware that these star performers may not be effective leaders. They may not be ready for, or even equipped with, the critical skills for such a role. Unskilled top talent promoted into leadership roles can have a dramatic, counter-productive impact on the teams around them.
The top eight skills every leader should master are:
- Time ManagementEffectiveness, efficiency, missions and goal setting, scheduling smarts, finding hidden time, maximizing productivity
- Change ManagementUnderstanding and initiating change, change transitions, communicating through change, leading non-stop change
- Coaching and MentoringGetting the right help, mentoring peers, coaching peers, self-coaching, giving and receiving effective feedback
- Career Development Overcoming workplace barriers, effective assertiveness skills, productive meetings in half the time, conflict management, moving up the ladder
- Problem-SolvingProblem recognition, four stages of problem-solving, defining and analyzing problems accurately, confident decision-making, crisis resolution
- Ethics Introduction to ethics, employee ethical responsibilities, ethical dilemma decision-making, ethical problem solving, leading ethical conduct
- Critical ThinkingIntroduction to critical thinking, managing deceptions and fallacies, persuasive arguments, checklists for rational thinking, optimal understanding
- Rewards & Recognition Giving rewards and recognition, self-appreciation, appreciative inquiry, customer appreciation, empowered compliments
We implement Chart’s four-stage methodology to accurately pinpoint your needs, then make recommendations in areas of high-potential rewards and ROI.
Leadership, Management, and Supervisory Development Training Programs
The following is a partial list of leadership and management off-the-shelf and customized training topics, If you don’t see your leadership or management training program topic here, just ask!
- Attitude Adjustment Techniques
- Balancing Home and Career
- Behavioral/Social Styles
- Change Management
- Coaching, Counseling
- Conflict Resolution & Management
- Creativity—Out of Box Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service for Leaders
- Decision Making
- Developing Employees
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Retention
- Goal Setting
- Innovation: The Four “I’s”™
- Interviewing Skills
- Listening Skills
- Management/Supervisory Skills
- Meeting Skills
- Memory Management
- Mentoring Skills
- Mission/Vision/Values Creation
- Mistakes–Dealing With
- Motivating Employees
- Motivation/Bringing Out the Best in People
- Moving Up the Ladder
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Building
- Performance–Leading, Managing and Supervising
- Performance Appraisals
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Responsible Initiative
- Rewards and Recognition
- Strategic Planning
- Stress Management for Leaders
- Supervisory Skills–Basics
- Supervisory Skills for Emerging Leaders
- Time Management/Organization
- Team Building
- Trust: Building and Maintaining
- Values Clarification
- Work Productivity